USA: Ding Dong Go the Wedding Bells
As Jammie Swearengin watched his girlfriend Courtney Downing toss a box of Hostess® Ding Dongs® into their grocery cart, he knew he'd met his match.Downing grew up eating Ding Dongs and didn't think much of the gesture. But, for Swearengin, it was an epiphany."It was a sign," said Swearengin. "I thought, 'Hey! This is the girl for me.' I've eaten Ding Dongs since I was a kid. For me, they're like a food group."Three weeks later, Swearengin asked Downing to marry him. While planning their wedding, it only seemed appropriate to include their "matchmaker" in the festivities.The couple will have a unique groom's cake made with 130 individual Ding Dongs. To match the Estes Park wedding ceremony setting, the cake will illustrate a mountain scene: complete with a stream and sprinkled with edible trees."It's perfect for us. We went to Rocky Mountain National Park for one of our first dates." said Swearengin. "It was romantic. We love the mountains and we love Ding Dongs."Additionally, guests will take home individually wrapped Ding Dong favors, personalized with stickers illustrating Courtney and Jammie's names and wedding date."I love it," said Courtney. "It's the extra touches that truly personalize weddings and make them your own."Courtney and Jammie will take a honeymoon to Hawaii in September and reside in Denver, Co.Interstate Bakeries Corporation, through its operating subsidiary, Interstate Brands Corporation, is the nation's largest wholesale baking company with 67 bread and cake bakeries in strategic markets from coast-to-coast. The Company is headquartered in Kansas City, Mo.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review