ISRAEL: Dips growth boosts Strauss Group Q3
- Net profit climbs 14.5%
- Operating profit amounts to NIS175m
- Sales up 3.1%
Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit
Israeli food maker Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit thanks to strong growth from its Sabra dips and international coffee divisions.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to NIS69m (US$17.7m), an increase of 14.5% on the prior year, the company reported today (21 November).
Operating profit totalled NIS175m, compared to NIS139m last year, while sales climbed 3.1% to NIS2.1bn.
"The third quarter results reflect Strauss Group's capabilities in managing a diverse, international business portfolio," said Ofra Strauss chairperson. "The company continues to invest in developing its international activities and strengthening growth drivers while persevering in streamlining processes, innovation, and providing significant added value to consumers in all markets where it is active, particularly in our home market in Israel."
Companies: Strauss Group
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- ConAgra sells two bakeries to Alpha Baking
- ABF takes Patak's into frozen ready meals category