ISRAEL: Dips growth boosts Strauss Group Q3
- Net profit climbs 14.5%
- Operating profit amounts to NIS175m
- Sales up 3.1%
Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit
Israeli food maker Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit thanks to strong growth from its Sabra dips and international coffee divisions.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to NIS69m (US$17.7m), an increase of 14.5% on the prior year, the company reported today (21 November).
Operating profit totalled NIS175m, compared to NIS139m last year, while sales climbed 3.1% to NIS2.1bn.
"The third quarter results reflect Strauss Group's capabilities in managing a diverse, international business portfolio," said Ofra Strauss chairperson. "The company continues to invest in developing its international activities and strengthening growth drivers while persevering in streamlining processes, innovation, and providing significant added value to consumers in all markets where it is active, particularly in our home market in Israel."
Companies: Strauss Group
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's