ISRAEL: Dips growth boosts Strauss Group Q3
- Net profit climbs 14.5%
- Operating profit amounts to NIS175m
- Sales up 3.1%
Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit
Israeli food maker Strauss Group has booked an increase in third-quarter profit thanks to strong growth from its Sabra dips and international coffee divisions.
In the three months to the end of September, earnings amounted to NIS69m (US$17.7m), an increase of 14.5% on the prior year, the company reported today (21 November).
Operating profit totalled NIS175m, compared to NIS139m last year, while sales climbed 3.1% to NIS2.1bn.
"The third quarter results reflect Strauss Group's capabilities in managing a diverse, international business portfolio," said Ofra Strauss chairperson. "The company continues to invest in developing its international activities and strengthening growth drivers while persevering in streamlining processes, innovation, and providing significant added value to consumers in all markets where it is active, particularly in our home market in Israel."
Companies: Strauss Group
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US