UK: Discovery appoints new marketing controller
UK Mexican food specialist Discovery Foods has appointed James Bennett as its new group marketing controller.
Bennett is a former marketing man at Stella Artois' parent company, InBev, and has also worked for food company Quaker.
He said: "This is a hugely exciting time, for both Discovery Foods and Mexican food in general. My position at Discovery will focus on accelerating the momentum behind our core range, whilst positioning the Discovery brand ready to drive future growth opportunities."
Discovery, based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, sells wraps, tortillas, seasonings and sauces to supermarket chains.
According to the company, a recent survey has predicted Mexican food will overtake Chinese next year in UK supermarket sales.
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Post Holdings 'secures Weetabix' in US$1.76bn deal