UK: Distribution gains boost Tyrrells FY
- Net profit climbs 53.3%
- Operating profit up 26%
- Net sales grow 35%
Tyrrells attributed the growth to increased UK and international distribution
UK crisp maker Tyrrells has booked an increase in full-year profits driven by gains in distribution and successful product launches.
In the 12 months to the end of March, the company earned GBP5.06m (US$8.1m), a 53.3% increase on the prior year period, according to accounts filed at Companies House.
Operating profit climbed 26% to GBP27.9m, while the company grew its sales by 35% to GBP27.9m in the year.
Tyrrells attributed the growth to increased UK and international distribution and the "continued success" of its product launches.
Tyrrells, the UK crisp manufacturer, has secured another overseas listing with a deal to sell products at 7-11 stores in Japan....
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- Arla confirms extent of job cuts after Russia ban