RUSSIA: Dixy FY sales rise on store openings, LFL gains
Dixy LFL sales grow as fewer customers spend more
Russian retailer Dixy saw its full-year sales rise by almost one-quarter as it opened new stores and grew like-for-like sales.
The company said today (28 January) that sales rose 22.7% in the 12 months to end-December, climbing to RUB180.2bn (US$5.7bn). Gains were driven by store openings and the group opened 300 new outlets in the period.
Dixy's like-for-like sales were hit by a 2.2% drop in footfall and a reduction in opening hours - part of the group's rationalisation programme that is targeting higher returns. Nevertheless, Dixy was able to grow basket size by 6.23% - more than offsetting the reduced number of transactions.
The company said total like-for-like sales gained 3.9% in the period.
DIXY GROUP DEMONSTRATES 22.7% REVENUE GROWTH
IN RUSSIAN RUBLES IN FULL YEAR 2013
Moscow, Russia, January 28, 2014
DIXY Group (RTS, MICEX: DIXY) – one of Russia’s leading retailers of foods and everyday products –today announced revenue growth of 16.6% in Russian rubles (9.0% in USD) in December 2013, and revenue growth of 22.7% in Russian rubles (19.8% in USD) for the full year of 2013.
For the full year of 2013, DIXY Group opened 300 stores on net basis, and, as of December 31, 2013, had 1,799 stores under operation, including 1,681 DIXY neighborhood stores, 86 Victoria stores, 1 CASH store, and 31 compact hypermarkets MegaMart and MiniMart.
For the full year of 2013, DIXY Group revenue increased to RUR 180.5 bln (USD 5.7 bln) by 22.7% in RUR (19.8% in USD) year-on-year.
In December 2013, DIXY Group revenue increased to RUR 18.3 bln (USD 557.9 mln) by 16.6% in RUR (9.0% in USD) year-on-year.
Retail revenue of DIXY neighborhood stores increased to RUR 13.7 bln (USD 415.6 mln) by 19.5% in RUR (11.7% in USD) in December 2013 compared to December 2012.
The Company opened 77 DIXY neighborhood stores net in December 2013 compared to 98 stores net in December 2012.
Original source: Dixy
Canadean's "OJSC Dixy Group : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overvi...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019