USA: Pizza Lovers: Do the 'Pizza Pat' and eat less fat
What's your favorite pizza topping -- pepperoni, mushrooms, anchovies or grease? Grease!? It may not be listed as a topping on the menu, but chances are your pizza is dripping with it. You don't have to eat all that fat -- just do the "Pizza Pat!"The Georgia-Pacific Health Smart Institute "Pizza Pat"According to a recent study by the Georgia-Pacific Health Smart Institute, patting pizza with paper towels can be an effective way to help remove excess grease. Results showed that patting the surface of a pizza with an absorbent paper towel like Sparkle® can remove up to 14% of total fat (approximately 8 grams per 15" pizza) and up to 17% of saturated fat. The study also showed that paper towels can remove up to 17% of the total cholesterol.So, how do you do the "Pizza Pat?" It's easy: simply lay a paper towel folded into quarters on top of the pizza and pat the surface. Wait for a moment to allow the paper towel to soak up the excess fat and oil, flip the paper towel over or turn it inside out and pat again to pick up any missed grease. Then, just throw the greasy paper towel away. Repeat as necessary.For additional information about health and hygiene call 1-877-GPCLEAN or log on to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid