DOC Kaas backs DMK merger
DMK, DOC Kaas merger moves closer
The members of Dutch dairy cooperative DOC Kaas have backed a proposal to merge their operations with those of German cooperative DMK.
The German and Dutch dairy co-operatives had previously looked at the possibility of merging their businesses in 2011, when discussions failed to secure backing of DOC Kaas' farmer-owners. However, DOC Kaas management insisted that the latest merger proposals would be more appealing to their farmers.
DOC Kaas members agreed to the merger proposal yesterday (21 May), with 95.3% of votes backing the deal.
"We are delighted that so many members also view a merger with DMK as the best option to achieve the objectives of DOC Kaas in the short as well as long-term implementation: a competitive, stable milk price, continuity and a purchase guarantee," said Arjan Mold, the CEO of DOC Kaas. "The positive result means that the members have confidence in the proposed merger process with the DMK, with the emphasis on the accelerated implementation of our strategy."
Under the deal, DOC Kaas will operate as a 100% owned subsidiary of DMK but will retain its "name and identity". DOC Kaas and DMK members will receive the same price for the milk they supply.
The organic baby/toddler food sector in the USA is growing by 10-12% per annum. As a result, many new products are being launched into this sector. Organic products now account for approaching 50% of ...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review