GERMANY: DOC Kaas, Hochwald Foods sign export JV
The joint venture will enable them to take advantage of opportunities stemming from the rising global demand for dairy products
Dutch cheese maker DOC Kaas has joined forces with Germany's Hochwald Foods for the export of dairy products to Africa and the Arabian Peninsula.
The joint venture, the two firms said yesterday (14 October), will enable them to take advantage of opportunities stemming from the rising global demand for dairy products. The two firms will produce "cheeses with a high added value" for the two markets. The partnership will take effect from 1 January.
DOC Kaas is the second-largest cheese producer in the Netherlands. Hochwald produces a range of fresh and long-life milk and mozzarella cheese, and has "many years" of sales experience in the two markets being targeted.
The firm said the joint venture will benefit from "both sets of knowledge and experience regarding sales, markets, product bundling competencies, and customers".
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti