USA: Dole announces support for European Union action to comply with WTO banana rulings
Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Tuesday announced its support for the action taken today by the European Union (EU) to reform its banana import regime to comply with World Trade Organization (WTO) rules. Today, the Agricultural Council of the European Union voted to adopt a regime that calls for a five-year continuation of import quotas and a change to a tariff-only regime on Jan. 1, 2006. Rights to import bananas during this transition period will be distributed on a ``first-come-first-served'' basis. The EU Commission will now proceed to enact detailed regulations and implement the new regime by April 1, 2001, in accordance with its mandate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin