USA: Dole announces support for European Union action to comply with WTO banana rulings
Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Tuesday announced its support for the action taken today by the European Union (EU) to reform its banana import regime to comply with World Trade Organization (WTO) rules. Today, the Agricultural Council of the European Union voted to adopt a regime that calls for a five-year continuation of import quotas and a change to a tariff-only regime on Jan. 1, 2006. Rights to import bananas during this transition period will be distributed on a ``first-come-first-served'' basis. The EU Commission will now proceed to enact detailed regulations and implement the new regime by April 1, 2001, in accordance with its mandate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast