FINLAND: Dole buys fresh produce firm Fafi Fresh Cuts
US-based fruit and vegetables group Dole Food Co. has acquired Finnish produce company Fafi Fresh Cuts.
Helsinki-based Fafi Fresh Cuts was set up by private investors last year and only started operations in June.
Johan Linden, president of Dole Europe, said today (14 October) the deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, would be "the start of new growth for Dole fresh cut products in Finland".
He added: "Dole has already been servicing the Finnish market with its high quality fresh cuts from its Swedish plant for a number of years. With the new production set up, the transfer of production and category expertise, Dole customers in Finland will benefit from shorter lead time, increased flexibility as well as a broader product assortment of short shelf life products."
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016