USA: Dole Food Co sees improved Q2 and year-to-date net income
Westlake Village, California-based Dole Food Company, the world's largest producer and marketer of fruit, vegetables and flowers, has posted a 100% increase in its Q2 2002 net income from continuing operations to US$66.8m (US$1.18/share), up from US$33.3m (59 cents/share) year on year. Year-to-date net income from continuing operations was up 94% to US$123.1m (US$2.17/share) up from US$62.7m (US$1.12/share) for the same period of 2001. Including a post-tax charge of US$119.9m from the write-off of goodwill associated with Dole's flower business, however, year-to-date 2002 net income fell to US$3.2m from US$71.7m year on year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group