USA: Dole Food Co sees improved Q2 and year-to-date net income
Westlake Village, California-based Dole Food Company, the world's largest producer and marketer of fruit, vegetables and flowers, has posted a 100% increase in its Q2 2002 net income from continuing operations to US$66.8m (US$1.18/share), up from US$33.3m (59 cents/share) year on year. Year-to-date net income from continuing operations was up 94% to US$123.1m (US$2.17/share) up from US$62.7m (US$1.12/share) for the same period of 2001. Including a post-tax charge of US$119.9m from the write-off of goodwill associated with Dole's flower business, however, year-to-date 2002 net income fell to US$3.2m from US$71.7m year on year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth