USA: Dole Food Company Inc. announces first quarter 2001 results
Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Thursday announced that its first-quarter net income was $34.7 million, or 62 cents per share, compared with net income of $36.4 million, or 65 cents per share, for the first quarter of 2000. Net income decreased slightly due to a higher effective tax rate in the first quarter of 2001 versus the effective tax rate in the first quarter of 2000, reflecting a shift in the company's mix of earnings. On a pretax basis, first-quarter 2001 earnings increased $3.6 million versus the same period of 2000, due in large part to a $2.8 million reduction of interest expense.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix