USA: Dole Food Company Inc. announces first quarter 2001 results
Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Thursday announced that its first-quarter net income was $34.7 million, or 62 cents per share, compared with net income of $36.4 million, or 65 cents per share, for the first quarter of 2000. Net income decreased slightly due to a higher effective tax rate in the first quarter of 2001 versus the effective tax rate in the first quarter of 2000, reflecting a shift in the company's mix of earnings. On a pretax basis, first-quarter 2001 earnings increased $3.6 million versus the same period of 2000, due in large part to a $2.8 million reduction of interest expense.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea