USA: Dole Food Company Inc. announces improved third quarter 2001 results from ongoing operations
Dole Food Company Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Tuesday announced that its net loss for the third quarter of 2001 was $94.8 million or $1.68 per share as compared to a net loss of $7.4 million or 13 cents per share for the third quarter of 2000. The net loss for the third quarter of 2001 included $104.8 million of non-recurring pre-tax expense (included in cost of products sold) primarily related to asset write-downs and severance resulting from previously announced business reconfiguration programs initiated during the quarter. The net loss for the third quarter of 2000 included Hurricane Mitch insurance proceeds and a gain on sale of the company's California and Arizona citrus assets offset by a business downsizing charge.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target