USA: Dole Food Company, Inc. announces second quarter 2001 results
Dole Food Company, Inc. (NYSE:DOL) Thursday announced that its net income for the second quarter of 2001 was $37 million or 66 cents per share. Net income for the second quarter of 2001 included $8 million of pre-tax gain related to the sale of investments and $28 million of pre-tax expense primarily related to asset write-downs resulting from business reconfiguration programs initiated during the quarter. The $28 million of pre-tax expense is primarily for the shutdown and related asset sales of the company's California deciduous and Northwest apples businesses. Excluding these items, net income from ongoing operations was $50 million, or 90 cents per share, for the second quarter of 2001 compared with net income of $45 million, or 81 cents per share, for the second quarter of 2000, all from ongoing operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin