USA: Dole not so fresh with first quarter earnings
The world's largest fresh fruit and vegetable producer Dole Food reported a fall of 5% in first-quarter earnings on Thursday. The company blamed the fall in part on a higher tax rate in the first quarter. Dole posted a net income of US$34.7m compared to US$36.4m a year ago. Revenue fell to US$1.11bn compared with US$1.13bn a year ago. Dole also reported a US$7.4m operating loss in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning