USA: Dole not so fresh with first quarter earnings
The world's largest fresh fruit and vegetable producer Dole Food reported a fall of 5% in first-quarter earnings on Thursday. The company blamed the fall in part on a higher tax rate in the first quarter. Dole posted a net income of US$34.7m compared to US$36.4m a year ago. Revenue fell to US$1.11bn compared with US$1.13bn a year ago. Dole also reported a US$7.4m operating loss in the fourth quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund