US: Dole urges US to "Go Bananas"
Dole wants more Americans to eat bananas through its "Go Bananas" campaign
Dole Food Co., the US produce giant, has launched a major campaign to encourage consumers to eat more bananas.
The year-long "Go Bananas" initiative is part of Dole's aim to encourage consumers to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
US consumers will be given a banana-related tip or recipe every day of the year, such as "polish your leather shoes with a banana peel", celebrate Elvis Presley's birthday by "eating his favourite sandwich, peanut butter and banana", all the way up to "arrange a basket of bananas, apples, pears, pineapples and other fruit to make a quick, easy and healthy last-minute Christmas gift".
Dole's Go Bananas Every Day initiative will be supported by a 12-month-long multimedia marketing effort and will also work with retailers across the county to develop in-store promotions, the company said.
US produce giant Dole Food Co. is looking at potentially spinning off one or more of its businesses....
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Fonterra dismisses claims CEO Spierings could exit
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- Vandemoortele family to own 100% of bakery group