US: Dole urges US to "Go Bananas"
Dole wants more Americans to eat bananas through its "Go Bananas" campaign
Dole Food Co., the US produce giant, has launched a major campaign to encourage consumers to eat more bananas.
The year-long "Go Bananas" initiative is part of Dole's aim to encourage consumers to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
US consumers will be given a banana-related tip or recipe every day of the year, such as "polish your leather shoes with a banana peel", celebrate Elvis Presley's birthday by "eating his favourite sandwich, peanut butter and banana", all the way up to "arrange a basket of bananas, apples, pears, pineapples and other fruit to make a quick, easy and healthy last-minute Christmas gift".
Dole's Go Bananas Every Day initiative will be supported by a 12-month-long multimedia marketing effort and will also work with retailers across the county to develop in-store promotions, the company said.
US produce giant Dole Food Co. is looking at potentially spinning off one or more of its businesses....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- just-food's three top tips for M&A deals in 2016
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi