US: Dole urges US to "Go Bananas"
Dole wants more Americans to eat bananas through its "Go Bananas" campaign
Dole Food Co., the US produce giant, has launched a major campaign to encourage consumers to eat more bananas.
The year-long "Go Bananas" initiative is part of Dole's aim to encourage consumers to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
US consumers will be given a banana-related tip or recipe every day of the year, such as "polish your leather shoes with a banana peel", celebrate Elvis Presley's birthday by "eating his favourite sandwich, peanut butter and banana", all the way up to "arrange a basket of bananas, apples, pears, pineapples and other fruit to make a quick, easy and healthy last-minute Christmas gift".
Dole's Go Bananas Every Day initiative will be supported by a 12-month-long multimedia marketing effort and will also work with retailers across the county to develop in-store promotions, the company said.
US produce giant Dole Food Co. is looking at potentially spinning off one or more of its businesses....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus