US: Dole urges US to "Go Bananas"
Dole wants more Americans to eat bananas through its "Go Bananas" campaign
Dole Food Co., the US produce giant, has launched a major campaign to encourage consumers to eat more bananas.
The year-long "Go Bananas" initiative is part of Dole's aim to encourage consumers to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
US consumers will be given a banana-related tip or recipe every day of the year, such as "polish your leather shoes with a banana peel", celebrate Elvis Presley's birthday by "eating his favourite sandwich, peanut butter and banana", all the way up to "arrange a basket of bananas, apples, pears, pineapples and other fruit to make a quick, easy and healthy last-minute Christmas gift".
Dole's Go Bananas Every Day initiative will be supported by a 12-month-long multimedia marketing effort and will also work with retailers across the county to develop in-store promotions, the company said.
US produce giant Dole Food Co. is looking at potentially spinning off one or more of its businesses....
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Jarett Levan on BBX Capital's confectionery foray
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy