ROMANIA: Domestic producers believe EU fowl is unfair
Gathered at the Union of Fowl Breeders of Romania symposium, representatives of the domestic industry say that increasing imports from the EU have been encouraged by the incentives offered by the customs duty exemption, instigated this June. So far the domestic industry has held on, but struggling against the 17,000 tons imported during the first eight months of the year, the domestic Q3 chicken stock had dropped by 1.55m. On these figures, the Q4 production is expected to fall by a further 4,000 tons.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery