IRELAND: Donegal Creameries H2 profits down on last year
Irish food and agribusiness company Donegal Creameries has reported H1 pre-tax profits down 10.7% to €3.62m (US$4.44m) from €4.05m in the same period last year.
The fall was put down primarily to lower sales in the agricultural and other trading sectors, while the group also suffered from difficult trading conditions in the dairy division, reported the Irish Independent.
The company reported that profitability was down due to difficult trading conditions, principally the cost of sourcing milk in Northern Ireland.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk