US: Dongwon’s StarKist buy gets antitrust approval
US antitrust authorities have given the green light for the sale of Del Monte Foods' seafood business StarKist to Dongwon Enterprise Co.
The South Korea-based food group will establish a company in the US to oversee the management of StarKist.
It has also planned to extend its presence in the South American and European canned tuna markets.
Del Monte said it will use the proceeds from this sale to repay debts.
The completion of the US$363m sale will create the world's biggest canned tuna firm.
Shares in US food group Del Monte Foods soared over 17% in early trading today (3 December) after the company posted rising half-year earnings and raised its profit forecast for the rest of the year....
Canned fish supplier John West has named Stephen Thorpe as its new managing director....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes