EU: Don't bring back FMD from South Korea, David Byrne tells EU football fans
Football fans travelling to South Korea for the World Cup matches must not bring back any food and take care if staying in the countryside, says EU Commissioner David Byrne. South Korea has recently reported a number of outbreaks of foot and mouth disease (FMD) and the South Korean Government has put all necessary controls in place to contain the disease. Imports of animal and animal products from South Korea are not allowed into the EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid