EU: Don't bring back FMD from South Korea, David Byrne tells EU football fans
Football fans travelling to South Korea for the World Cup matches must not bring back any food and take care if staying in the countryside, says EU Commissioner David Byrne. South Korea has recently reported a number of outbreaks of foot and mouth disease (FMD) and the South Korean Government has put all necessary controls in place to contain the disease. Imports of animal and animal products from South Korea are not allowed into the EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch