ISRAEL: Doron Cohen named director of Blue Square-Israel
The Board of Directors of Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) announced yesterday that it has appointed Doron Cohen to serve as a Director of the Company, effective immediately. Mr. Cohen has been serving as the CEO of Blue Square's parent company, Co-Op Blue Square Consumer Cooperative Society Ltd., since November 1, 2000. For the last two years, Mr. Cohen served as General Director of the Governmental Companies Authority, which is responsible for the supervision of more than 100 governmental companies as well as for promoting and coordinating the government's privatization process. Between 1995 and 1999, Mr. Cohen was Deputy Director and Manager of the Privatization Division of the Governmental Companies Authority. Mr. Cohen received a B.A. in Economics and Business Management and a Masters in Business Administration from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Blue Square is a leading retailer in Israel. A pioneer of modern food retailing in the region. Blue Square currently operates 169 supermarkets under different formats, each offering varying levels of services and pricing. For more information, please refer to Blue Square's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits