FRANCE: Doux chairman hits out at takeover bids
The Doux chief said an offer for its export arm was "unspeakable"
Charles Doux, the chairman of ailing French poultry firm Groupe Doux, has issued a statement criticising the takeover bids for the company.
Mr Doux, whose family owns a majority stake in the company, said the six separate offers for the business, which went into administration last month, amounted to a "dismantling" of the group.
He said the bids had been "presented together to try to force the sale of assets under pressure at a ridiculous price, all without preserving employment".
The Doux chief, who is also the founder of the company, said an offer for its export arm was "unspeakable". He added: "The offer could also be deemed pathetic and ridiculous for a branch of Groupe Doux that generates unique margins and holds unique market share.
Mr Doux is planning to keep control of the company and will present his strategy for the business and financing plans next Tuesday (24 July).
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast