UK: Dowd resigns from Morrison's MD role; question mark over management succession
Ill health has forced the resignation of John Dowd from his role as MD of the Bradford-based supermarkets group William Morrison, and the announcement yesterday [Monday] heralded a serious setback for the company's plans for management succession. The highly regarded Dowd, whose ill health was first announced in January, will be absent from the company for several months as he undergoes major surgery. Once it is completed, however, he will be unable to return to his former role. Nevertheless, he will remain an employee of Morrison's, for whom he has worked for 30 years, and stay on the payroll.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report