USA: Dreyer’s to buy Silhouette Brands for US$65m
Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream Holdings is to buy compatriot ice-cream snack maker Silhouette Brands for US$65.2m.
Ten-year-old Silhouette, based in New York, makes 'healthier' ice cream snacks under the Skinny Cow and Skinny Carb brands. Dreyer's already distributes the brands for Silhouette, but said it expects "significant administrative, selling and management synergies (and) reduced costs" following the merger.
"Skinny Cow has been the fastest growing partner brand in Dreyer's portfolio of distributed brands in recent years," Alberto Romaneschi, Dreyer's chief financial officer, commented in a company statement.
The leading US ice cream maker, Dreyer's is a majority-owned subsidiary of Swiss food giant Nestlé.
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
Swiss food giant Nestlé has reported consolidated sales of CHF43.47bn (US$34.5bn) for the first half of 2005, an increase of 2.4% over January-June 2004, despite the negative impacts of currencies and...
Swiss food giant Nestlé has announced that its Australian unit will cease manufacturing milk powder, while it has also sold a powdered milk factory in the Netherlands....
Swiss food giant Nestlé has decided to delist its shares from Euronext Paris's Eurolist and the London Stock Exchange....
Israeli food manufacturer Osem-Nestlé Israel posted revenues of NIS617.7m (US$140.8m) for the first quarter of 2005, compared with NIS615.7m in the corresponding period in 2004, an increase of 0.3%....
Nestlé UK has announced that from June 2005 every box of Nestlé breakfast cereals will be made with whole grain....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019