NETHERLANDS: DSM, Avebe team up on NPD
Netherlands-based ingredients group DSM has joined forces with starch group Avebe on the development of creaminess-enhancing products for the food industry.
The two companies said the partnership had already led to the production of Etenia, a natural, clean label ingredient derived from potato starch designed for a variety of applications.
Avebe will handle the marketing and sales of Etenia in dairy applications and will introduce the product to the European market.
Avebe marketing manager Paul Sheldrake said: "Etenia has already demonstrated its unique creaminess and melt-in-mouth qualities in yogurts and dairy drinks and seems to be ideally suited as a fat replacer."
"We are confident that this relationship will provide the ideal platform for successful new product development," added Alexander Wessels, business group director for DSM Food Specialties.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast