UK: Duchy Originals appoints chairman
Duchy Originals, the UK food maker founded by the Prince of Wales, has appointed Michael Jary as non-executive chairman.
Jary, worldwide managing partner of OC&C Strategy Consultants, succeeds Andrew Cosslett, CEO of Intercontinental Hotels, who stepped down from the position earlier in the year due to heavy travel commitments.
As an adviser to the boards of retailers and consumer branded businesses in Europe, the US and Asia, Jary joins Duchy Originals during a period of significant investment in the business as it prepares for expansion in the UK, US and India.
Andrew Baker, group CEO of Duchy Originals, said yesterday (9 October): "Michael brings to Duchy Originals a broad experience of both the food and retail industries alongside a genuine passion for organic food.
"His clear and dynamic strategic vision will help us to achieve our growth plans and continue our donations to The Prince's Charities Foundation, to which Duchy Originals donates all its profits."
Russia's economy, buoyed in recent years by the country's vast natural resources, kicked off 2009 with something of a whimper. Nevertheless, there is the feeling that Russia's food retail sector could...
Duchy Originals, the organic and sustainable food company established by The Prince of Wales, and actress Elizabeth Hurley are to collaborate on a range of organic foods....
It's been a busy week for just-food with the team in attendance at the IFE at London's ExCel, and then at the Retail Week Conference. Coverage from both events proved popular among readers. Elsewhere,...
Demand for organic food in the UK is holding up despite the recession, industry watchers said today (17 March) and there are signs sales will grow in the future....
Growth in the Italian organic sector almost halved last year as consumers looked to trim household expenditure in the face of mounting financial turmoil, a new study has revealed....
The EU's agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has backed a review of the bloc's plan to promote environmentally-friendly food production....
Clearly Canadian has said that it plans to restructure its debt....
Swiss retailer Coop-Gruppe today (19 February) played down the threat that the imminent entry of German discount giant Lidl could have on its business....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights