USA: Dunkin' Donuts Inc. statement on U.S. attorney investigation concerning Suiza Foods Corporation
The activities documented by the United States Attorney's office involve only a small minority of the more than 1,400 businessmen and businesswomen who operate Dunkin' Donuts franchisees nationwide. Nonetheless, the activities documented are of significant concern. They could impact the goodwill that honest franchisees work so hard to earn from the public. In addition, these activities could misrepresent the profitability of a franchise, with a detrimental effect on the entire Dunkin' Donuts system. For its part, Dunkin' Donuts, Inc. will continue to cooperate fully with the United States Attorney's investigation.
Dunkin' Donuts has licenses with franchisees across the United States. The franchisees' businesses are independently owned and operated. The franchisees are responsible for the daily operation of their businesses. This includes the purchasing of products, payment of all taxes, and compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up