NETHERLANDS: Dutch Ahold subsidiary Etos finalizes acquisition of Boots stores in The Netherlands
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, on Monday (6 November)announced that Etos, its Dutch health and beauty care store chain, has finalized its acquisition of Boots Stores The Netherlands. The transaction, announced in August, involves the 17 Dutch outlets of the British drugstore chain and boosts annualized Etos sales by over Euro 20 million. Etos expects 2001 annualized sales of Euro 450 million (1999 sales: Euro 400 million). The number of Etos stores rises to 425 and market share climbs to 15.5%.The transaction considerably strengthens the position of Etos in The Netherlands, providing a number of attractive locations in several populous Dutch cities, including the capital Amsterdam. The Boots stores continue under their own name until year-end, when at least 11 of the 17 will be remodeled to the Etos format. Etos also absorbs the 340 Boots staff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review