NETHERLANDS: Dutch Ahold subsidiary Etos finalizes acquisition of Boots stores in The Netherlands
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, on Monday (6 November)announced that Etos, its Dutch health and beauty care store chain, has finalized its acquisition of Boots Stores The Netherlands. The transaction, announced in August, involves the 17 Dutch outlets of the British drugstore chain and boosts annualized Etos sales by over Euro 20 million. Etos expects 2001 annualized sales of Euro 450 million (1999 sales: Euro 400 million). The number of Etos stores rises to 425 and market share climbs to 15.5%.The transaction considerably strengthens the position of Etos in The Netherlands, providing a number of attractive locations in several populous Dutch cities, including the capital Amsterdam. The Boots stores continue under their own name until year-end, when at least 11 of the 17 will be remodeled to the Etos format. Etos also absorbs the 340 Boots staff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival