NETHERLANDS/UK: Dutch confirm first case as foot and mouth toll rises in UK
The Dutch government has confirmed the country's first cases of foot-and-mouth after tests found four cows had contracted the highly contagious disease. The cases on a farm near Olst in the eastern part of the country dashed increasing optimism that EU authorities had contained the disease. The Netherlands is the second country in continental Europe after France to be infected with foot and mouth since the current outbreak was unleashed in the UK nearly a month ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega