NETHERLANDS/UK: Dutch confirm first case as foot and mouth toll rises in UK
The Dutch government has confirmed the country's first cases of foot-and-mouth after tests found four cows had contracted the highly contagious disease. The cases on a farm near Olst in the eastern part of the country dashed increasing optimism that EU authorities had contained the disease. The Netherlands is the second country in continental Europe after France to be infected with foot and mouth since the current outbreak was unleashed in the UK nearly a month ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China