CZECH REPUBLIC: Dutch, German retailers dominate Czech food market
According to a new report from the Incoma research institute, the ongoing process of consolidation which has featured in the Czech retail sector has already lead to a dominance of the food market by just five retailers, most of them foreign. Between them, the top five generated revenues of US$2.48bn, showing the extent to which Czech consumers have embraced the supermarket concept, relatively new in their country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth