NETHERLANDS: Dutch lift foot-and-mouth movement restrictions
The Dutch Agricultural Ministry has confirmed the country is free of foot-and-mouth disease and lifted all remaining restrictions at midnight last night [25 June]. The Netherlands confirmed 26 cases during the European outbreak which has dominated agricultural headlines over the last few months. No cases have been confirmed since 22 April, over two months ago. More than 260,000 animals were culled at around 2,900 farms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning