NETHERLANDS: Dutch regulator approves Laurus sale – report
NMa, the Dutch competition authority, has reportedly approved the sale of Laurus' supermarket operations to Sligro Food Group, Sperwer and Jumbo.
Earlier this year, a consortium of Sligro and Sperwer acquired 223 stores that operate under the Edah banner. Laurus also sold its Konmar chain to Ahold's Dutch unit Albert Heijn and Jumbo.
According to Dow Jones, while the sale to Jumbo, Sligro and Sperwer has been approved. However, the European Commission is still considering the implications of Albert Heijn's proposed purchase of 29 Konmar stores.
Recent acquisitions by Tesco and Carrefour have set the tone for a period of consolidation in the Polish grocery sector, which Krakow-based consultancy PMR expects to see grow in the next few years as...
Dutch retailer Ahold has announced that Carl Schlicker is to take over as president and CEO of its Giant-Carlisle/Tops division in the US, succeeding Tony Schiano, who is retiring after 34 years with ...
The European Commission has approved the acquisition of Rimi Baltic, a retailer with operations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, by Swedish retail group ICA....
The chairman of the Portuguese retail group Jeronimo Martins has said the company may have to issue more debt to finance its EUR1bn (US$1.3bn) investment programme to 2009 and to buy out Ahold's 49% s...
ICA AB has announced its intention to reduce its stake in Swedish supermarket group Netto Marknad AB....
Ahold has reached an agreement to sell its Polish retail operation, Ahold Polska, to Carrefour for EUR375m (US$499.1m)....
Dutch retailer Royal Ahold has today (1 December) posted third quarter profits of EUR207m (US$272m), up from a net loss of EUR241m in the same period of last year, when the company was hit by a EUR585...
Birds Eye has reached an agreement with the family owned Arkansas-based Allan Canning Company, that will see Allen Canning acquire substantially all of Bird's Eye's non-branded frozen vegetable busine...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report