USA: E-delivery service Kozmo.com closes doors in San Diego and Houston
"While we wish it weren't so," opens the message greeting e-consumers logging on in Houston and San Diego, " Kozmo.com will no longer operate in your area. Unfortunately, demand did not match our staffing and inventory requirements to maintain service." The online grocery e-delivery service reported that while the average order nationwide reaches US$28, in Houston and San Diego it falls US$4 short of economic feasibility, at US$24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action