USA: Eagle Food to close four underperforming stores
US regional supermarket operator Eagle Food Centers has said it will close four more underperforming stores as it has received no bids on the outlets.
Eagle Food, which operates supermarkets in Illinois and Iowa, said it would close its store in Princeton, Illinois, on 26 August and three stores in Davenport, Iowa on 2 September.
The retailer, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in April, has extended the bid deadline of the stores to 8 August, reported Dow Jones News Service.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea