USA: Earthgrains Company announces strike impact on second-quarter earnings
The Earthgrains Company (NYSE: EGR) announced today that earnings for the second quarter will fall below analyst expectations because of strike-related costs and revenue impacts.Earthgrains continued operating bakeries and serving markets during the strike to protect customer relationships, incurring significant incremental costs for overtime, temporary labor, security, travel, purchased goods, and transportation and distribution.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale