USA: Earthgrains Company reports additional strikes by production workers
The Earthgrains Company (NYSE: EGR) announced today that workers at five production plants went on strike Tuesday, bringing to six the number of company plants with work stoppages.The company continues to operate five of the six plants, while the sixth market continues to be served with products baked at the company's other regional bakeries. The immediate needs of customers and consumers in all markets are continuing to be met.Contracts with the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) were not in effect at the five new strike locations, and employees decided to walk off the job before negotiations had produced final contract offers. Earthgrains was making every effort to reach timely, fair and equitable settlements.The company was offering a competitive economic package for the region that compared favorably to a Midwest regional package that the BCTGM has endorsed.The bakeries affected by strikes are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review