CHINA: EBLEX developing "sophisticated" Chinese strategy
EBLEX developing Chinese marketing strategy
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
EBLEX is part of a trade delegation organised by the UK Food and Drink Exporters Association attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition in Shanghai this week. Speaking to just-food from the event, export manager Jean-Pierre Garnier said the group aimed to promote pork, lamb and beef products in China.
"The Chinese meat market is experiencing good growth and our analysis points out to rising needs of imports over the next five years," Garnier explained. "We export high quality offal and carcase meat totally suited to Chinese taste with a high level of food safety and environment credentials. Obviously regarding meat, we only offer natural, untainted and unprocessed products."
EBLEX promotes its offering in China by attending three trade shows a year and enjoys "very good relations" with its partners in the country, Garnier revealed.
"Going forward we will need a more sophisticated marketing approach," he added.
EBLEX has had a commercial presence in China for four years. In this time, Garnier said the group has seen "a huge development" of sales "which should top 25,000 tonnes this year".
Earlier this week, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary Owen Paterson emphasised the need for UK food exporters to grow in China. Paterson is "spearheading" what the UK government has termed "the biggest ever food trade delegation" to the country.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Focus: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Global Food and Beverages Consumer Packaging Market Outlook to 2018 - Players Shifting Focus towards Emerging Markets