CHINA: EBLEX developing "sophisticated" Chinese strategy
EBLEX developing Chinese marketing strategy
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
EBLEX is part of a trade delegation organised by the UK Food and Drink Exporters Association attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition in Shanghai this week. Speaking to just-food from the event, export manager Jean-Pierre Garnier said the group aimed to promote pork, lamb and beef products in China.
"The Chinese meat market is experiencing good growth and our analysis points out to rising needs of imports over the next five years," Garnier explained. "We export high quality offal and carcase meat totally suited to Chinese taste with a high level of food safety and environment credentials. Obviously regarding meat, we only offer natural, untainted and unprocessed products."
EBLEX promotes its offering in China by attending three trade shows a year and enjoys "very good relations" with its partners in the country, Garnier revealed.
"Going forward we will need a more sophisticated marketing approach," he added.
EBLEX has had a commercial presence in China for four years. In this time, Garnier said the group has seen "a huge development" of sales "which should top 25,000 tonnes this year".
Earlier this week, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary Owen Paterson emphasised the need for UK food exporters to grow in China. Paterson is "spearheading" what the UK government has termed "the biggest ever food trade delegation" to the country.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review