CHINA: EBLEX developing "sophisticated" Chinese strategy
EBLEX developing Chinese marketing strategy
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
EBLEX is part of a trade delegation organised by the UK Food and Drink Exporters Association attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition in Shanghai this week. Speaking to just-food from the event, export manager Jean-Pierre Garnier said the group aimed to promote pork, lamb and beef products in China.
"The Chinese meat market is experiencing good growth and our analysis points out to rising needs of imports over the next five years," Garnier explained. "We export high quality offal and carcase meat totally suited to Chinese taste with a high level of food safety and environment credentials. Obviously regarding meat, we only offer natural, untainted and unprocessed products."
EBLEX promotes its offering in China by attending three trade shows a year and enjoys "very good relations" with its partners in the country, Garnier revealed.
"Going forward we will need a more sophisticated marketing approach," he added.
EBLEX has had a commercial presence in China for four years. In this time, Garnier said the group has seen "a huge development" of sales "which should top 25,000 tonnes this year".
Earlier this week, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary Owen Paterson emphasised the need for UK food exporters to grow in China. Paterson is "spearheading" what the UK government has termed "the biggest ever food trade delegation" to the country.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights