SPAIN: Ebro Foods sells stake in Deoleo
Ebro has sold its 3% stake in Deoleo
A spokesperson for Ebro disclosed no further details about the sale as the firm's shareholding was less than 3%.
"We are not required to provide more information about this," they added.
In April, UK private-equity firm CVC Capital Partners struck a deal to buy Deoleo. CVC tabled an offer for the Bertolli and Carbonell olive oil maker worth EUR0.38 a share, valuing the business at EUR438.8m (US$597.5m).
The private-equity firm agreed to first acquire 29.99% of Deoleo held by a number of Spanish banks. CVC will then buy the rest of the business. It may also purchase additional shares that could be issued by Deoleo to improve its balance sheet.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast