SPAIN: Ebro Puleva agrees sale of Catesa Foods
Spanish food group Ebro Puleva has said it has reached an in-principle agreement with a Canary Islands-based group for the sale of Ebro's subsidiary Catesa Foods.
The agreed price amounts to €31.5m (US$37.9m), to be paid in two instalments: around 50% within year 2005 and the remaining amount upon completion of the due diligence process (expected January 2006).
Catesa Foods deals with the operation, culture and trading of tropical fruits, flowers and ornamental plants on Tenerife Island.
The Spanish company said the transaction fits into its strategic plan to focus on its main activities, to optimise structure costs, to disinvest non-strategic businesses and to decrease its debt, with the aim to establish a solid base for the next growth phase.
Companies: Ebro Puleva
Natraceutical, a spin-off of Spanish food group Natra-Zahor, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans, spurred on by growth in the functional foods market. With such high levels of interest in healthy f...
Spanish food group Ebro Puleva has said it has ended the first nine months of the year with record turnover and profits, boosted by the contributions of Riviana and Panzani....
US packed bakery foods company Flowers Foods has announced that it has completed the purchase of property in Newton, North Carolina, from CHS, Inc....
US packaged bakery products maker Flowers Foods has reiterated previous guidance for fiscal 2005 of US$1.65bn to $1.7bn in sales and net income of 3.75% to 4% of sales....
Spanish food group Ebro Puleva has announced that, through its subsidiary S&B Herba Foods, it has purchased the Tarantella brand in the UK....
Packaged bakery foods company Flowers Foods has announced the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Royal Cake Company Inc, a Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based bakery, for $10m....
US packaged bakery foods company Flowers Foods has reported net income for the second quarter of 2005 of US$17.7m, an increase of 18% over $15.0m for the second quarter of fiscal 2004....
Food company Riviana Foods, a subsidiary of Spain's Ebro Puleva, has announced the cutting of 130 jobs from its US workforce of 1,075....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis