EU: EC clears Barilla buyout of German bakery Kamps
The European Commission (EC) has approved, subject to conditions, the proposed take over bid by Italian group Barilla for German bakeries giant Kamps. Fearing that the deal might reinforce Barilla's leading position in Germany for crispbread, however, the EC has insisted that Barilla divest Lieken Urkorn's crispbread business to a viable competitor with experience in the food sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO