UK: EC interim measures for monitoring seed imports for the adventitious presence of GM seeds in conventional seeds
The European Commission has published interim measures for dealing with the adventitious presence of genetically modified seed in conventional seed. Commissioner Byrne has also confirmed to Baroness Hayman, Minister of State at MAFF, that the Commission was working on proposals to amend the seeds marketing directives in respect of the adventitious presence of GM material. He has given an assurance that these legislative proposals will come forward without undue delay. He noted that the matter was complex, with a need to develop clear methodology and testing methods as well as taking into account the implications for third countries. He confirmed that he is committed to making proposals which would be enforceable. The Government will consult widely on the Commission proposals when they are available.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action