UK: EC interim measures for monitoring seed imports for the adventitious presence of GM seeds in conventional seeds
The European Commission has published interim measures for dealing with the adventitious presence of genetically modified seed in conventional seed. Commissioner Byrne has also confirmed to Baroness Hayman, Minister of State at MAFF, that the Commission was working on proposals to amend the seeds marketing directives in respect of the adventitious presence of GM material. He has given an assurance that these legislative proposals will come forward without undue delay. He noted that the matter was complex, with a need to develop clear methodology and testing methods as well as taking into account the implications for third countries. He confirmed that he is committed to making proposals which would be enforceable. The Government will consult widely on the Commission proposals when they are available.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre