EUROPE: EC proposes to modify its import regime for rice and cereals
The European Commission (EC) wants to replace the current EU import regimes for rice and cereals, which are no longer working correctly and replace them with a more linear system, possibly based on tariff rate quotas and fixed duties. In this context, the EC has adopted a proposal to open negotiations with its WTO partners to modify the EU system of duties charged by the EU for rice and cereals imports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega