USA: ecFood reports exceptional growth in 2001
Santa Clara, Calif.-based ecFood, a pioneer in strategic sourcing solutions for the food and beverage industry, announced today [Wednesday] that 2001 was an exceptional year with dramatic increases in revenue, gross margin, transaction volume, customer acquisition and services. While threatened by the bursting of the dot-com and technology bubble in early 2001, ecFood closed out the year with a record breaking Q4, including an 815% increase in gross margin from 2000 and revenue of US$37.6m. ecFood also acquired a major dairy industry purchasing association, retained two top ten food company accounts, and expanded its list of products and services.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin