USA: ecFood reports exceptional growth in 2001
Santa Clara, Calif.-based ecFood, a pioneer in strategic sourcing solutions for the food and beverage industry, announced today [Wednesday] that 2001 was an exceptional year with dramatic increases in revenue, gross margin, transaction volume, customer acquisition and services. While threatened by the bursting of the dot-com and technology bubble in early 2001, ecFood closed out the year with a record breaking Q4, including an 815% increase in gross margin from 2000 and revenue of US$37.6m. ecFood also acquired a major dairy industry purchasing association, retained two top ten food company accounts, and expanded its list of products and services.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units