USA: A Bean Counter's Dream Come True: ecFood.com Auction Results in More Than 15 Percent Savings for Furman Foods
ecFood.com, the leading provider of Internet-based supply-chain solutions for the industrial sector of the food industry, recently completed two purchaser auctions for Furman Foods, a leading canner in the East and home of Furmano's brand Italian products. The auctions yielded a 15% savings in price for one bean auction and another 3% savings in a second auction. ecFood.com successfully sourced the items, identified and enlisted suppliers, and established a fair market price using purchaser auctions, while maintaining the quality and consistency of the product. The two bean orders involved in the transaction (navy and pinto) had a combined total of nearly 1.5 million pounds. Using its proprietary methodology, ecFood.com prepared the item specifications and arranged for ten suppliers to participate in both auctions. Each supplier bid an average of nine times, for a total of nearly 100 bids. "Our experience with these auctions has validated the strategic value of ecFood's services," said Paul Dubendorf, vice president of finance at Furman Foods. "This was our first time using the ecFood methodology, and we were able to realize significant cost and time savings. We are now planning several additional transactions." "The Furman auction is a great example of how ecFood.com helps food companies raise their efficiency, competitiveness, and profitability," said Dave Laukat, CEO of ecFood.com. "We were just as pleased with the results as Furman's."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report