USA: ecFood.com Begins Supply-Chain Pilot with Pillsbury
ecFood.com, a leading provider of Internet-based supply-chain solutions for the industrial sector of the food industry, announced today that it has begun a pilot program with The Pillsbury Company to help streamline its processes for purchasing food ingredients. By capitalizing on ecFood.com's technology and supply-chain capabilities, Pillsbury is optimizing its procurement infrastructure. "ecFood.com is delighted to deploy its food-industry and supply-chain expertise at Pillsbury, a company so well-regarded in the food industry," said Dave Laukat, CEO of ecFood.com. "We were attracted to Pillsbury's forward-thinking culture and desire to boost the industry's velocity. Accordingly, this pilot with Pillsbury underscores ecFood.com's mission to deliver integrated, specially tailored supply-chain solutions to top-tier food companies seeking to raise their efficiency, competitiveness, and profitability." As part of this initiative, ecFood.com will be providing Pillsbury an integrated suite of solutions--including consulting, supplier recruitment, eProcurement, purchaser auctions, and seller auctions--designed to enhance Pillsbury's leadership position in the industry. Tim W. Coats, VP of supply-chain logistics at Pillsbury, said: "ecFood.com brings Pillsbury both a suite of new supply-chain solutions that reduce the costs of procuring raw materials and the neutrality that will allow us to reach new suppliers and customers, and increase revenues through a new channel."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image