USA: Ecfood.com conducts multiple auctions for the Pillsbury Company
ecFood.com ( www.ecFood.com ), the first company to provide Internet-based supply chain solutions for the industrial food sector, conducted several auctions for global food company, The Pillsbury Company. Auctions for dried egg yolks, pasta, freight, and Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO) items where transacted simultaneously, using ecFood.com's proprietary purchasing system. "Pillsbury is eager to learn more and increase the use of e-auction tools to boost purchasing efficiency, " said Alfred Chan, esourcing/Logistics and Strategic Sourcing for Pillsbury. "ecFood.com successfully employed sophisticated technology, food industry know how and excellent communication throughout the auction process. We are pleased with this new way of doing commerce." ecFood.com trained over 35 suppliers in preparation for the auctions. During the auctions, ecFood.com acted as an independent host and managed the process. The company successfully sourced the items, enlisted the suppliers and established fair market price while meeting Pillsbury's high standards of quality and consistency. These recent auctions are part of a series to be conducted by ecFood.com for The Pillsbury Company. "We are pleased to have The Pillsbury Company return for the second time as an ecFood.com auction client," said Dave Laukat, CEO of ecFood.com. "The industrial food sector is increasingly adopting the use of the Internet as a purchasing tool. Our proven systems, industry knowledge and commitment to tailoring services to each client, has brought significant savings to company's such as The Pillsbury Company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review