USA: ecFood.com milks the internet for HP Hood Dairy
ecFood.com (www.ecFood.com), a pioneer in providing web-based sourcinG solutions to the food manufacturing industry, has signed an agreement with HP Hood. Under this agreement, ecFood.com will provide Internet-purchasing for the venerable dairy manufacturer using ecFoodware, its family of online purchasing tools. Designed to address the complex supply-chain of the industrial food sector, ecFoodware's innovative features include a scoring system, advanced sourcing methodology, supplier rating, supplier profiling, negotiated bidding, specification management, dynamic pricing and demand aggregation. "HP Hood had researched several B2B options before signing with ecFood.com for our Internet purchasing," said Jim Marcinelli, Controller of HP Hood. "ecFood.com was selected because it is an independent, neutral company which has fused in-depth food industry experience with proven Internet expertise." With approximately $600 million in annual sales, HP Hood is a leading producer of extended shelf-life dairy products with distribution throughout the United States and various export markets. HP Hood recently opened a new state-of-the-art fluid dairy manufacturing plant in Winchester, Virginia. The new plant will support the Hood brand in the Northeast and the products it manufactures, sells and distributes for national brand partners such as Nestle, Lactaid, Horizon, Organic Cow and Land O' Lakes along the East Coast from Maine to Florida. "HP Hood is well-regarded in the dairy industry," said Dave Laukat, CEO of ecFood.com. "They are an example of a first-rate, progressive company improving their purchasing practices using modern tools, while maintaining their independence and safeguarding their existing supply chain."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review