USA: ecIndustries to launch ecDairy.com
ecIndustries, a leader in providing web-based purchasing solutions for the industrial food sector, announced today that it will launch ecDairy.com, a dedicated site focused on servicing the U.S. dairy industry. Scheduled to go live at the end of October 2000, ecDairy.com will feature ecIndustries' established proprietary online purchasing tools and solutions adapted to meet the needs of the dairy industry. The company's suite of proprietary purchasing solutions have been tested and proven on ecIndustries' primary business-to-business marketplace, www.ecFood.com. "Because of our demonstrated expertise through ecFood.com, our company can provide online solutions to this fragmented market immediately," said Dave Laukat, CEO of ecIndustries. "ecDairy.com will be an independent, neutral site where the power of the internet will assist the dairy industry in doing business more efficiently and cost effectively." A few of the key functions to be included on ecDairy.com are commodity exchanges, supply chain management tools, product specifications, demand aggregate auctions, logistics coordination and supplier recruitment. ecDairy.com will provide an effective avenue for the dairy industry to manage operating costs and inventories because of increased buyer and seller communication. "We originally funded ecIndustries with a plan to deliver solutions that help optimize the purchasing supply chain for a variety of vertical sectors in the food manufacturing industry," said George Hoyem, Managing Director of Redleaf Group's San Francisco-based NetHub. "The dairy industry is huge, fractured and a perfect target market for the solutions ecDairy.com will be delivering to the marketplace."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016