USA: Ecolab Files Food Additive Petition With FDA
Ecolab, Inc. the world leader in critical environment sanitation systems and products, today announced the filing with the FDA of a food additive petition to use peroxyacetic acid as a red meat carcass antimicrobial treatment.Ecolab's patented peroxyacetic acid technology is a proven antimicrobial treatment on red meat surfaces, effective against E. coli O157: H7, Salmonella typhimurium, and Listeria monocytogenes. The petition marks Ecolab's most recent advance in providing the meat processing industry with a multiple interventions approach to pathogen reduction."A carcass antimicrobial treatment extends Ecolab's food safety offering," says Dr. Richard Higby, senior marketing manager for meat and poultry. "Ecolab's extensive program includes plant sanitation, worker hygiene technologies, food surface treatments and food irradiation services through our strategic partner, IBA."With each step in the program, a processor incrementally reduces the plant's risk of microbial contamination of the food item and adds another protective layer to their brand protection strategy," says Higby.Ecolab will continue to aggressively develop unique antimicrobial systems that meet the food safety needs of red meat, poultry and ready to eat processors.Ecolab is the leading global developer and marketer of critical environment sanitation systems and products for the institutional, food processing and pharmaceutical markets. Ecolab news releases and other investor information are available on the Internet at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review