USA: Ecolab receives FDA approval on new food safety technology
Poultry processors have a new tool to help prevent microbial contamination during processing. Ecolab Inc. today announced Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approval for Inspexx* 100, an antimicrobial food treatment for pathogen reduction in poultry processing. Developed by Ecolab, a world leader in food safety technology, Inspexx 100 is a patented peroxyacid chemistry that can be used throughout all stages of poultry processing to reduce microbial contamination on poultry carcasses, parts and giblets. Laboratory tests prove that Inspexx 100 effectively reduces pathogenic bacteria on poultry parts including Salmonella typhimurium, Listera monocytogenes, E. coli O157:H7 and Campylobacter jejuni. Inspexx 100 is appropriate for multiple poultry treatment interventions, including cabinet rinse water and chiller treatments, and can help improve overall processing performance with higher levels of safety and quality.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report